Why Study English at Strathroy Community Christian School?
- Christ-centred, quality education for students JK–8
- Full English immersion in school with experienced teachers
- Students may enroll at any time and determine their length of stay
- We recognize that our students are mutually enriched when they participate together in social, educational, recreational and cultural activities.
- Our teachers and support staff understand the needs of our international students and know that they often require help adjusting to life in a new country
- Many community extra-curricular activities that provide additional opportunities for international students to socialize with Canadian students to build cross-cultural understanding and further language development
- True Canadian experience in a rural setting, yet very close to the city
- Accessible adult ESL and student tutoring
- Superior English Second Language program custom-designed to help encourage international students to find success in the classrooms
Goals of our ESL Program
- Language acquisition is more than just vocabulary and language rules. It requires a relevant and supportive environment where students feel engaged and involved in the learning process
- Build confidence in each student so they are willing to take risks and participate successfully within their classrooms
- Introduce vocabulary and concepts through activities, games and conversations in one to one and group situations
- ESL is conversation driven as conversation is language at work
- Develop the students' skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Advocate for students in the classroom and collaborate with teachers to provide an optimal learning environment
- Work as a liaison between school and family to ensure good communication and understanding
There's much more to tell you about our ESL program - contact us!
Please also learn more at www.ChristianESLCanada.com